Specialist Ophthalmologist & Refractive Surgeon
Dr. Altroudi graduated from the Medical School in Damascus (SYRIA) in 1999 and started his training in Ophthalmology at Eye Surgical Hospital in Damascus. He continued general ophthalmic training and sub-specialty in anterior segment surgery in France In 2005.
Dr. Altroudi’s expertise comprises diverse clinical ophthalmic case-mix, Corneal diseases and dystrophy especially keratoconus and post trauma complications, Cataract and Glaucoma Surgery, as well as IOL implant. Moreover, Dr. Altroudi has developed significant surgical experience in performing refractive surgery (lasik, epilasik), and phakic intra ocular lenses implants (ICL, Cashet, Artisan ...).
In the posterior segment Dr. Altroudi has a wide experience in medical retina like Retinal Laser for Retinal Tears and Diabetic Retinopathy, and Intravitreal Injections of therapeutic agents such as triamcinolone, bevacizumab (AVASTIN) and ranibizumab (LUCENTIS) for the treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy, age related Macular Degeneration, and Retinal Vascular Diseases.
His special interests include:
- Phacoemulsion and IOL (mono and multifocal) implants for cataract
- Refractive surgery (lasik, epilasik) and phakic IOLs surgery
- Corneal surgery (keratoplasty)
- Keratoconus refractive procedures (topography guided PRK with CXL) and Toric ICL implants
- Eye surface reconstruction surgery (stem cells, and Amniotic membrane transplantation)
- Retinal Laser for Retinal Tears, Diabetic retinopathy and Retinal Vascular Disorders
- Intravitreal Anti – VEGF and Steroids for age related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Vascular Disorders
Dr. Altroudi participated in several voluntary surgical campaigns in Syria, India & Dubai to help poor people in the far villages to restore vision and also received appreciations certificates from Noor Dubai Initiative, Dubai and Sahai Institute of Ophthalmology, India.