We have all come across this widely popular eye surgery which helps in acquiring a clearer vision. But people still often wonder if a laser vision correction treatment such as LASIK surgery may be a better option for them than opting for glasses or contact lens.
And when people finally come to a situation where they need LASIK surgery, the first question that comes to your mind is: Is LASIK surgery safe for your eyes?
LASIK Is Safe:
The answer to one of the most frequently asked questions is – yes. LASIK surgery is absolutely a safe surgery. This surgery will require a certain investment of your time on an evaluation of your eyes to see if you’re the right candidate for the surgery. Before actually proceeding with the surgery, an ophthalmologist will conduct a thorough evaluation of your eyes and see if your eyes are in good condition enough to conduct a surgery.
And this particular part is an incredibly important step in the process for deciding if LASIK is right for you and your vision, which directly determines the safety of the procedure when it comes to your own eyes. Some of the few basic knowledge about this treatment which will sound comforting for the patients are:
- LASIK treatment has been around the medical corner for nearly 20 years.
- The longevity and sustained popularity of LASIK among doctors and patients is largely a very impressive record for both safety and effectiveness.
- LASIK Treatment doesn’t take up much of a patient’s time.
- This surgery is extremely painless and uses numbing drops for the patient to make them feel no pain at all.
- Almost millions of LASIK surgeries have been conducted with extremely high patient satisfaction in visual outcomes.
- There is an extremely low risk of complications from the surgery.
- The LASIK specialist will conduct an evaluation of the patient to see if you’re the right candidate for LASIK surgery.
- LASIK surgery has never been the exclusive cause for blindness
- This surgery is known to use advanced computer-driven laser technology to reshape the cornea with microscopic precision.
- The high degree of precision and accuracy acquired by this combination of technologies helps ensure your safety.
- Though many patients have constant doubts and are concerned about moving during the procedure, the tracking system built into the laser that follows your eye will also temporarily turn off the laser if you move. So don’t worry about sneezing or coughing during the treatment. Once you are safely repositioned under the laser, the procedure can resume.
- Plenty of LASIK surgeons nowadays conducts the surgery by using a precision instrument called a femtosecond laser to create the corneal flap at the beginning of LASIK surgery.
- This particularly operates in ultra-fast speeds and also makes the procedure end quickly taking up only short-pulse duration.
- The patient can go ahead with the LASIK surgery if he/she is approved as a good candidate after the thorough evaluation by your LASIK surgeon
In conclusion, LASIK surgery is the perfect solution for you, if you’re aiming at getting a clearer vision. It has also been considered as the safest elective surgical procedures which are available today. Want to book an appointment? Contact Spanish Eye Clinic today.